Navigating the Website
Using the 'Artist Description' Screen
These pages are updated when possible (so few staff and so many artists to update) but are accurate up to the last point of editing.
The Artist Selection List appears when you type 'ALL' or leave blank the search prompt, or you enter a selection that generates multiple hits.
The list will display all artists currently in the Diskery database that match your search query, or all entries in the database if the prompt was left blank or 'ALL' (if you leave the prompt blank the system will automatically insert 'ALL').
The 'Artist Dashboard' table appears after the artist biographical description but before the 'See Also' feature. All artist articles will feature one, but not all fields will be filled in; only those which we know will be provided.
Each field is self explanatory:
- Nation: Identifies the nationality of the artist. This is where the band FIRST performed/came from originally.
- City: Denotes what town/city/village the band originated from. This field often will include state/province or even district information as well.
- Promotional Address: Last known address for media or fans to contact them at (be aware this is not updated regularly, so use at your own risk).
- Genre: The style of music they play. Clicking on this will launch a sub-set of the help files describing the genre.
- Reformations: The number of times the band has broken up and reformed under the same name (major reformations mentioned only).
- Web: Their band website. Use this with caution as we updated it periodically when we find out. If you click on this, you will be taken to the band's website.
- Active Years: The year(s) the band operated. If no closing year is listed (just a dash mark) it means they are still active. If only a year with no dash, it means only one year of activity is noted.
- E-Mail: The band's last known e-mail contact address (if known). Use this with caution as we update it periodically.
- Old RRCA File Code: The old file code. Note: This is being phased out and all new entries will not have one.
- Diskery ID: The current file code that can be used for direct searches in the database. The new code has no relation to the old.
|Promotional Address||PO Box 4288. Station 'S', Toronto, Ontario, Canada. M8M 8M8|
|Active Years||1993-2004, 2009, 2015-|
|Old RRCA File Code||ERF08095|
The 'See Also' table is a feature that highlights artists mentioned in the current artist's article. It acts as a sort of 'dashboard', or 'at-a-glance', feature that allows you to quickly navigate to other artists you might find of interest related to this one in some way.
The 'See Also' acts as an express route through the database to the new article. When you click on one of the selections the new artist record will replace the current one on your screen.
You may select only one at any given time but are free to return to the original artist and pick another at any future time.
To select an artist on the 'See Also' table (displayed only at the bottom of artists where other bands are mentioned in their article) you just click/tap the name.
File record #: 36
- Contacting Us
- Using Help
- Help Directory
- Using the 'See Also' Table
- Using the 'Artist Dashboard' Table
- Using Audio Clips
- Using Video Clips
- Using Help Sub-System
- Where is the Streaming Music and Videos?
- Reporting Errors, Bugs
- Using the Search Prompt
- Using the Old RRCA File Codes
- Icon Descriptions
- Using the Genres Pages
- Using the 'Artist Selection List'
- Who is the 'Computer Lady'?
- List of National Flags
- Using the 'Find Tickets' Icon
- Using the 'Artist Description' Screen
- Where Are the Reviews?
- Why was I 'Redirected' on My Search?
- Using the Discography Page
- What is Responsive Web Design?
- Using Mobile Devices
- What is a Dynamic Website?
- Content for Children
- What is a Stubby Record?
- Odd Displaying Website?
- What is the AISE?
- Using the 'Buy Their Stuff' Button
- 'Electric Eye' Geolocation
- Screen Modes
- Album Listings