Writing Your Own Article on an Artist
So, how do you input and article to help the process?
- Check to ensure we don't already have the artist listed. If the artist in question is listed then you can e-mail us and request an update to the article. See our section on Requesting an Update elsewhere in this help FAQ database.
- Send us your information in the formats listed further down on this article.
- It is important to note that all text you send us will become the property of Diskery and/or it's owners!!
- Unless you request otherwise you will get credit as original author.
- BE SURE all the text you offer IS ORIGINAL WORK. If you are copying other works then be sure to cite the source AND GET PERMISSION FROM THE ORIGINAL AUTHOR if needed.
- Cite all sources for your information so we can verify. Please... do NOT use Wikipedia as your only source. Wikipedia is a WONDERFUL resource, but because if its open access it often has hidden factual errors and is revised often too frequently.
- Be sure you include YOUR NAME and a contact e-mail address, at the very least.
- DO NOT include photos, videos, MP3 or any other media unless you have permission from owner to do so OR the works are "Public Domain". If the works are covered under CC (Creative Commons) then be sure to include the URL of the license so we can verify the use.
- All text sent is subject to editing and/or changes by our database editor(s).
PLEASE When including articles, be as detailed as possible.
You MUST include a date of origin.
A word of note to the mentioning to artist places of origin: use the city and nation where the band first started. If the formation place is not known, then use the place where they first performed, if not that then use the place where the first recording was issued (select in that order). Be precise on the place. Although often the place can be figured out in the article text, this is not always a guaranteed accurate way. If you say "Burlington", for example... Burlington... where: Burlington, Vermont, USA or Burlington, Ontario, Canada? Likewise with "London", we will assume London, UK unless you say "London, Ontario, Canada"!
You are not required to format the document in any special way, but if you have the time, we'd appreciate if you pre-formatted it for our editors using this simple table:
|Album Title||Bold Italic for album titles|
|Song tile, event, show||Italic alone to denote a single song title, event (like a concert), television show title, etc.|
|Artist & Band name||Bold alone to show names of bands and artists|
|(Date)||Year in 4 digit format)|
|"Quotation"||Citation for quotes and actual citations|
|'Label'||Label & distributor business names in single quotes.|
Every occurrence of the above (such as mentions of band members) must be formatted as so.
This format follows the old RRCA formatting standard. We believe it reads better but also is known by the database software for doing searching.
File record #: 35
- Contacting Us
- Using Help
- Help Subjects Menu
- Contacting Us
- Hiring our Programmer(s)
- How to Get Your Band Listed
- Request an Update to an Article
- General Advertising Info.
- Artist Advertising
- What is Diskery's relationship to retailers?
- Advertising Rates
- Using Diskery Content at My Shop or Website
- Writing Your Own Article on an Artist
- Using Legacy Software
Need a more detailed search?
- or -
Load New Search Prompt Here