Through the internet provider, Diskery has access to a server offering unlimited transmission and storage space. In a pinch there is access to a secondary provider as well.
The database contents, the application and the database structure itself were all written right here, by Derek McDonald, a 5-time published author of both fiction and non-fiction works, degree holder in both Business and Information Systems Management with knowledge of 22 computer languages and several database formats. The site is developed and tested on a Dell Server using both Windows 10 and Ubuntu Linux with Apache Server software. The design and testing featured no outsourcing, university think-tanks or government complexes.
Notwithstanding the internal cataloging numbers, date-stamps and other internal administrative and auditing data stored within, each record can hold:
- A list of all band members present and past for each artist/band listed with dates of birth, date of entry and departure to the group, and photograph
- Full artist discography with dates of publications, recording format, recording label, album cover photos, award certifications and chart positions
- Full band/artist biography, as large as needed
- Band formation date/termination date and number of reformations
- Band/artist photographs & logo
- Links to media content (video/audio) - and storage internally if needed
- Links to artist official website
- Genre type (and and description there-of)
- E-commerce and promotional sponsor information, links and logos
- List of all affiliated groups and those mentioned in band biography with links to their entry in database if it exists
- City, country, country flag and address of each band/artist
- Old and new file codes
- A full user help manual on-line
- A list of all flags and nations and genres supported
Diskery actually consists of two databases, one that handles the help system and the other (main one) that handles all of the above. The web pages are created dynamically based on the information contained within each database record.
The website is adaptive to the size of the user's screen, most especially on mobile devices and uses data compaction and correction systems to speed up processing and transmission.
A fully functioning simulator has been developed that allows testing the program before changes are launched to the public.
Diskery also contains SEO features.
For those who wish an encrypted communication, Diskery features SSL via an 'https://' link up.
There are many more items not mentioned above, but you get the idea. Also note, not all features are yet implemented.
The Diskery application programs themselves can be reprogrammed to broadcast whatever information/product the operator desires, music or otherwise. Eventually it is planned that the Diskery applications could be reprogrammed by means of a configuration file/application.
Diskery runs on an Apache server using Linux as it's operating system with MySQL as the core database technology. PHP and HTML round out the application component of the software.
File record #: 2
- Contacting Us
- Using Help
- Help Subjects Menu
- Mission Statement
- Technology Used
- Technology Needed
- What Does 'Diskery' Mean?
- Diskery History
- Why is Diskery Not A Wiki?
- The 'Icon'
- What is the Lexicon?